Do you want to work for a company with a Heart?
We have six guiding principles:
- Every team member at Thornton’s Budgens has a fulfilling job.
- The families of Thornton’s Budgens team are positively impacted.
- The customers of Thornton’s Budgens have a joyful experience.
- The community of Belsize is positively impacted by what we do.
- The planet is positively impacted by what we do.
- We inspire others by what we do and who we are.
What this means in principle is:
- Every member of our team have an input into the decision making of their departments and we have a Company Council where selected team members are in effect part of the board of the company and its decision making processes.
- We are committed to our local community and are a key part of it. The support of our community is so strong that when in when Tesco announced they were going to open a store 100 metres away from us and not too long after , the whole community protested. The protests were so strong that Tesco in the end withdrew.
- We care about the environment: for example we now use 50% less energy than we did 4 years ago and were the first supermarket in the UK to store giving away free carrier bags (more than 8 years ago).
- Thornton’s Budgens is the founder of and the case study for Heart in Business Limited, a movement designed to inspire and advise other companies to become more heartful (check out heartinbusiness.org).
If you are interested in being considered for a post at Thornton’s Budgens, please send your cv to email@example.com along with no more than 2 paragraphs as to why you think you would be a good addition to the team at Thornton’s Budgens.